Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

So I barely decided to get in the spirit until yesterday... I really wanted some Minnie Mouse ears just to wear to work but could not find anything in the stores. Not any sort of animal ears, headband thing, nothing at all. But that's what I get for waiting so long.

I went to two stores and that was pretty much my limit. So I just went home and tried my best to make my own.

After several hot glue burns and about 45 minutes of trying to figure out how to get them to stay on my head, I came up with these.


I used the hard felt sheets for the inside to make them stand up. Then I covered them with black fabric then again with sparkly black fabric. The felt on the inside was red so I needed to make sure it was covered. I traced an old CD to get my circles. My bow looks a little wonky but hey it works right? Both the ears are attached to a really large alligator clip and the bow is glued onto both of them.

Took me longer than I'd like to admit but everything I used was from my craft stash so they were pretty much free!

So that's my last minute costume...maybe next year I'll be more prepared...but don't count on it!

Stay safe tonight and Happy Halloween!


No comments:

Post a Comment