Monday, October 8, 2012

Oven Baked Salmon...and my newest favorite appliance.

It's another Monday here at One Crafty Cupcake! Last week the boyfriend watched the documentary, Fat Sick and Nearly Dead, and now he's convinced that he's gonna die. Well maybe not that extreme. But he did go out and buy a juicer and is now drinking his daily dose of vegetables. I've been loving having the juicer. Fresh apple juice tastes so much better than what comes in the bottle. The only problem? The juicer is a (insert your chosen expletive here) to clean. I'm even considering doing a 3 day juice cleanse but haven't found the motivation yet.

But we are eating healthier here at the OCC household. Last night, we had oven baked salmon and sauteed zucchini and squash. 


I cook salmon the same way every time and it always comes out perfect. Moist and flaky. First I drizzle it with olive oil, then season with salt & pepper. I slice lemons and place them on top to infuse the lemon flavor while cooking. To cook it I place the salmon in a cold oven set for 400 degrees for 25 minutes. I suggest using foil over the pan for super easy clean up. Also if you really enjoy lemon on your fish, squeeze half a lemon over the top after cooking.

For the zucchini and squash I just salt/pepper it and saute it in olive oil for a few minutes.


The final product!

Yum yum yum

Did you know you're supposed to use white dishes to really show off the food? It allows you to focus on all the different colors. But here in the southwest white doesn't really fit in with the color scheme. I still think it looks pretty good. 

Be back tomorrow with the 10 Day You Challenge!













I'm linking this post up to 33 Shades of Green


No comments:

Post a Comment