Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Christmas in July!

I love that summer is finally winding down and Fall will soon be here. The best part of Fall almost being here? It means it's almost Christmas time! I LOVE Christmas. Not just because of gift giving and receiving or the good food. But mostly because of the decorating. I may or may not put up my Christmas tree the week before Thanksgiving. I can't help it I love to pull out all my decorations and fill up my house. After having two Christmases in our house I pretty much have the inside covered. But my outside is definitely lacking. We don't put up Christmas lights on the house because my mother scared me to death with the number of people who are injured falling off roofs and I would never forgive myself if something happened to the boyfriend. So everything's gotta be on the exterior or on the porch.

Here are a couple pictures of what's serving as my inspiration right now:

via
This one I would need to tone down just a little bit it's a tad much for me. But I am starting to get on board with the deco mesh. 

via BHG

I really like how they incorporated the deco mesh into a traditional garland. I could definitely see me doing something like this.






I have never worked with deco mesh but now I'm intrigued and want to try my hand at it. Good thing I have about 3 months to perfect it! 

p.s. my birthday is on Friday! I am really annoying everyone I know with this information but oh well. 









No comments:

Post a Comment