Monday, July 16, 2012

Being creative is hard sometimes

This weekend was a pretty interesting one and not really in a good way. My day off on Friday started off well enough. I was pretty motivated when I woke up and decided I was going to mow the grass and break out the weed whacker to edge everything up nice and pretty. Well after 3 hours of that I thought I was going to die of heat stroke or get attacked by the curious species of spiders apparently living in our backyard. But back to the interesting part. The boyfriend had felt sick since the day before and started throwing up that morning (he was at work so I didn't abandon him to clean the yard). Well after he got home took a nap he started to throw up more (sorry if this is TMI) but this time he was vomiting blood (now it's definitely TMI). So after a few hours, a few arguments, and a few calls to both our parents, he finally decided he needed to go the emergency room. Five hours later he had medicine/fluids in him and was feeling a lot better. Long story short he's gonna be okay. They didn't really know what was wrong with him and referred him to a different doctor. We got home about 2 am and him being sick really made the rest of the weekend a sleepless lazy one.

But! I do have something to share with you. I decided to try my hand at creating word art (is it called typography art?) I don't know, the cool quote art that people use in their kitchens, nurseries, or their entire house. I love this quote, "Let her sleep...for when she wakes she will move mountains." It's filed away in my future babies file. I just think it makes a perfect decoration for a girl's nursery. So I created a printable that I'm thinking of putting up in my etsy store. Let me know if this is something that you (who am I talking too?) think people would be interested in.


Obviously the one I'd sell would be without the watermarks, this just took me a long time so I don't want someone just to print it off...

Update* This printable is now available in my etsy shop... One Crafty Cupcake on Etsy

I just love the little hearts... especially since if you squint they could be mountains...


No comments:

Post a Comment